October 22, 2009

Alumni Game!

Every year about this time I get to be reminded of my former days of glory and come face to face with how old and out of shape I am...but truly it is something I eagerly await, it's the Long Beach City College Alumni Game. This year it took place on October 17th and it was great.



It is always such a treat to see girls that were so much a part of my life for a couple years. It's fun to hear the changes going on in eachothers lives and to know that we are bound by an amazing sport called Water Polo. Water Polo brings such intense joy to my soul I truly miss playing it everyday (I miss the body from playing everyday too).
This year we lost to the current team in a 2 round, sudden death, shootout - not a bad way to go out. I got to see my girlfriend that I've played with since high school.



I'm most excited to show my kids that their mom can still rock it - James now wants to play Water Polo and I couldn't be more excited. Of course he has to learn how to swim a little better, he is only 3 (almost 4) so I guess he' got time...


What an amazing day - a great adventure :0)

2 comments:

Monett Rupp said...

holy hotness batman! Who are those two?! I barely recognize Steve and you both look great! Love and miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Sorry I had to bail early. Rae was so tired. She was asleep as soon as we got in the car.