May 20, 2010

Broken Arm!!

Isn't it always the way...I had just told a friend of mine how surprised I was the neither of my kids had broken any bones yet and then...PIPER BROKE HER ARM!! Poor baby!

She was on her changing table and I turned around for just a second to close the door when I heard a THUD followed by whaling. I knew as soon as I picked her up that something was wrong with her left arm - I thought it was her shoulder because her whole arm was limp and she wouldn't move it. She was really fussy. I took her to the ER and they were very quick - it was 8pm on a Saturday and we were in and out within an hour and a half. She had a compression fracture on her left wrist - a "greenstick" break. They splinted it and gave her a sling, we had to put a bow on it of course.
A couple days later - after the swelling went down she got her very own bright Pink cast! She loved her cast (for the first day or so). I know it's bad to say but how cute is she with her cast?
She only has to have it on for 3 weeks - the littler they are the faster they heal.

No comments: