May 20, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's day was extra special this year. James is growing up and really understanding what the different holidays are so it was very nice to hear him express gratitude for his Mommy :)
Mother's day weekend kicked off Friday afternoon with a Tea Party at James' school. The class sang a very sweet song... Words cannot express how adorable it was.
We then had little tea sandwiches, fruit and mini cheesecakes and fresh lemonade - it was quite the spread. James also made me a placemat with his handprints, a pipe cleaner flower, and a picture.
He also completed a survey about me - here's what is says....

My Mom's name is Amanda. She is 9 years old. My mom likes to play outside with me. My mom work all day. She likes to wear work clothes. Her favorite food is chicken and rice, and when she goes to Costco she likes to eat Costco food. My mom complains about going to work and making money. I help my mom clean up. I love my mom because she is helpful, she helps me clean up my room. Love, James
On Sunday, the kids came and cuddled with me. They each got me a card that played a song - they picked them out themselves and each showed their own sweet personalities. They got me a Build A Bear, James named him Fraach. He talks - He says: Daddy: "I love you!" Piper: "I lub yoou" James (singing): I love you, so much so, I lovie love you Mommy". Needless to say - I LOVE it!! The day was great - fantastic lesson at church, we have a great bishop.
I love being a Mom - there is nothing more difficult, nothing more rewarding!

1 comment:

Monett Rupp said...

LOVE those mom "surveys" they are priceless-lets you know how your kids really see you! :-) I love that he says you like to wear workout clothes--that's funny!